Our company is growing quickly but is still at a size where every employee makes a difference and is essential to our overall success. If you are looking for a place to work where you will have a direct impact day-to-day then we may be a good fit for you.
Are you a world-class sales person in the making? Do you aspire to being the best sales person you know? Do you value continuous professional development and coaching?
Blacklight Solutions is seeking atypical sales people. While you do not fit the stereotypical sales profile and may have only been in sales for a few years, you do have demonstrable prior success selling solutions to business executives. You are willing to prospect constantly to a high level in the organization, are excellent at uncovering opportunities, and have strong qualification skills. You…
- Are curious
- Are a great listener
- Are positive
- Are willing to adopt new techniques and come up with your own
- Are a hard worker
As a member of the Blacklight Solutions sales team you will leverage your lead qualification, cold calling, networking and referral skills to build a pipeline of opportunities. You will manage your pipeline from first contact to close and will have internal support from the rest of the Blacklight team to help get deals across the line. Your energy will be split between prospecting and qualifying leads produced by the Blacklight lead generation engine. As you show results and as your skills improve, you will quarterback ever-increasingly large sales opportunities from beginning to end.
This position reports to the Director of Sales and includes the following responsibilities:
- Prospect heavily and consistently to identify new opportunities in new accounts
- Vigorously qualify and unqualify opportunities
- Manage and achieve monthly sales activity objectives
- Manage and achieve quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Exemplify the Blacklight sales communication system and process
- Collaborate with other sales executives and delivery personnel within Blacklight to advance sales opportunities
- Represent the company in business-level negotiations and work with Blacklight sales management to win favorable terms
- Be committed to constant education and training in order to continuously improve your sales skills and to keep pace with the changes in our industry
We have high expectations at Blacklight. The successful candidate will ‘raise the bar’ in Blacklight sales and will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years in a direct software sales role (inside or outside sales)
- Prefer previous experience in the Business Intelligence space
- Verifiable track record of sales accomplishments against quotas
- An ability to quickly build rapport, understand business problems, identify client pain, and determine how Blacklight may be suited to help.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Primarily a sales “hunter” but does not impress others as a stereotypical sales person
- Pleasant personality and communication style
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Reside in Austin, TX or be willing to relocate
Blacklight Solutions is a high-caliber team of business intelligence consultants, software developers and sales professionals creating technology solutions for some of the most successful companies in the world. Blacklight focuses on a unique area of the rapidly growing business intelligence space and helps companies that are looking to productize their data by leveraging existing software along with our proprietary software and professional services.
We are a flexible, results-oriented organization full of smart, energetic people with a passion for excellence. Our culture is open and fun, and we value an appreciation of life outside work. We are ruthless in our pursuit of client satisfaction and building long term relationships with our customers. Blacklight Solutions is located in beautiful Austin, Texas and serves clients across North America.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send a letter of interest and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org